Ready to get started?
Before you start scrolling through a search engine for a list of contractors, start your search with CMI.
We have a network of contractors who specialize in our solutions, products and applications, and when you speak with a CMI representative, he or she will match you with a contractor in your area who is trained specifically for your project. We’re ready to get started. Are you?
Questions to Ask Your Contractor
- How long has my contractor been in business?
- How long has my contractor been installing seawalls in my area?
- Who will obtain state, local and county permits?
- When can the contractor start my job? When will it be finished?
- Does the contractor have insurance?
- Does the contractor have references I can contact?
What You Need to Know to Build a Seawall Correctly
- What sheet piling materials/brands does my contractor recommend?
- How many years has the manufacturer been making sheet piling?
- Has the manufacturer’s sheet piling been recommended by the US Army Corps of Engineers?
- Will the sheet piling for my seawall be a Co-Extruded material?
- How many linear feet is my seawall?
- How tall will the seawall be from the firm mudline and how much of the wall will be embedded?
- What materials do my contractor recommend for the anchor rods, wale, and cap?
- What type of backfill will be used?
- Can I see design options, plans, and samples of materials?